There is no do-overs but there is redemtion

Recently a young man (teenage boy) that Natasha sees almost everyday came to her and made a very heart felt apology to her. He was apologizing to her for the way he had treated her almost 2 1/2 years ago when they were "going out". There courtship didn't last but, a few weeks but, did leave my daughter confused and in tears. She just didn't understand why he had treated her the way that he did. But, in their recent conversation it was obvious that he didn't have an alterior motive but, a change in heart. You see this young had shared with Natasha that while going to church with his now girlfriend he had recently been saved. And now all of his behavior and atitude changes had made sense to Natasha. And she was thrilled for him!
And it got me thinking.....Wow God gave this young man a change of heart to repent to my daughter but, even more he gave him the courage to do!!
I think back on my own life and past and Oh who wouldn't love to push the do-over button....well there is no do-over button. But, there is redemtion in Jesus! We set ourselves free by repenting to him- we are saved. And we set ourselves free by asking those who we have hurt and sinned against to forgive us. So many times I have found myself stopping after the first step, out of fear, guilt, shame or humiliation of my stupidity to have made the mistake in the first place, or to be further judged.
In Matthew it talks about relationships and forgiveness. I do want to repent to all those who I have caused pain to. And to all those who have caused me pain I do forgive you. Now that part is equally two-parted. It's eay to say, but, only truely sets you free when you give you hurt to God.....LET IT GO. Even harder when that person doesn't think that they've done anything to be forgiven for. But, I have deeper wounds by holding onto the hurt and anger. And such peace and redemption when I have given it God, and forgiven. There are no do-overs, but redemption. So let God turn your woulnds to scars and those scars show not only your healing but, where has brought you through to help you grow.

Comments

  1. Wow, I am amazed that a young man would think back to that sort of forgiveness! Christ is AWESOME isnt HE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wow, where do I start!!

Princess Warriors